Join with your neighbors in demanding BETTER government in Albany and Dougherty County! Help lower your ad valorem tax AND make your community a better place to live.
We act on behalf of the community to combat government waste, mismanagement and corruption.
After exhaustive lawsuits (now awaiting Ga. Supreme Court), appeals, and bond interventions, our Treasury is now all but exhausted. Although we are a voluntary organization, it requires continuous donations and membership dues to maintain our fight against poor government, waste of taxpayer dollars, and most recently, corruption in government. Please do your part by joining us, renewing your membership, or by (tax deductible) gift of any amount. Your participation makes a real difference.
- Quarterly newsletter addressing issues affecting property taxes.
- Email updates on local events impacting property taxes.
- Property tax seminars offered annually.
- Educational resources for information about your legal rights and processes for appealing unfair property taxes.
- Organized citizens' advocates vigilantly acting in your interests to:
- Prevent unnecessary or unfair increases in ad valorem taxes or tax rates
- Ensure that the tax system in Albany and Dougherty County is administered fairly, uniformly and in compliance with the laws
- Make certain your tax dollars are spent wisely
- Prevent waste and mismanagement
- Prevent poor decision-making from your local government
With an annual membership cost of $50, Dougherty County Taxpayers Association members are getting a great return on their money. We also welcome donations to support our cause.
REMEMBER, WE GET THE GOVERNMENT WE DESERVE.